The Assessment Scale consist of two main components:
- Screening tool for identification of the level of development of pupils’ study skills at the end of the 1st grade. The screening tool was created to be used by the class teachers with the whole class to find out which of the pupils have deficits in development of the skills that are prerequisite for effective learning.
- Set of individual tests to measure the deficits in pupils’ skills. To be applied with pupils who have shown lower results on the screening.
Primary school teachers, SEN teachers, speech therapists, school psychologists, and 1st-grade pupils are the primary target groups.
- This output is innovative because there is simply no existing equivalent. There are some existing assessment tools but they are intended for use by specialists and many of them require special training and licensing.
- This Assessment Scale will enable teachers to identify pupils with learning difficulties very early and to address the problem
The Assessment Scale facilitates collaboration with SEN staff, external specialists, and parents. It supports the improvement of primary school teachers' professional skills, enhancing support for pupils with learning disorders.
- The Assessment Scale can be used and implemented by any primary school teacher regardless of their location and pedagogical experience.
- The tool is available in seven languages and it is available as an open educational resource in the project Facebook page and partners’ websites.
- The tool includes presentations/seminars/trainings partners regularly organize locally.
Powered by GoDadd